Meebo

Thursday 11 November 2010

Director J. Khan - “Just booked my next video. It’s big. Three guesses who. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.”

Dr. Dre just may be delivering on his plans to deliver material from Detox before Christmas. The hip-hop icon will be going in front of the lens to shoot a new video before the end of the year.

Director Joseph Kahn hinted on Twitter that he will be directing a video for Dre. “Prepping DR. DRE. Hey Interscope, do you think there will be any BEATS headphones in this video?” he tweeted.

The day before, he provided more evidence of what he had in store. “Just booked my next video. It’s big. Three guesses who. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.”

Kahn has recently helmed videos for Dre’s Interscope labelmates Eminem (“Love the Way You Lie”), Keri Hilson (“Pretty Girl Rock”), and Nicole Scherzinger (“Poison”).

When asked in September about Detox‘s status, Dre said that he was still recording the highly-anticipated project, but hoped to have something out in time for the holidays. “In a perfect world, you know I’m really trying to make Christmas, but we’ll see,” he stated. “Something will definitely be out.”

The album has been over a decade in the making. “I’m actually working on it every day,” added Dre. “I just have to make sure I don’t accomplish this word: anticippointment.”


PROPS TO JORDANE45

7 comments:

  1. i believe the video will come out next month
    and the album will be out early next year jan,feb, or march... you know dre and his delays

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i really hope this is the first single! but my guess is it's another commercial for the headphones with maybe a snippet of the real first single!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With this thing, I won't trust any one unless I hold it in my hands!
    Sorry but Dre made me have trust issues with this detox thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the song is rumored to be called
    Dr Dre Feat Snoop Dogg, Akon - Kush
    its on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  5. where ur source???

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://slumz.boxden.com/f87/dr-dres-new-single-called-kush-featuring-snoop-akon-1446680/

    http://rulethenation.com/2010/11/12/dr-dres-new-single-is-called-kush-featuring-snoop-and-akon/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be happy if Dr Dre at least brings out a proper single off Detox before the year is out. The possibilty of Dr Dre recording a music video for a Detox track is exciting but I don't want to get my hopes up.

    ReplyDelete