Meebo

Tuesday 17 July 2012

50 Cent 'I don't know if we'll hear Dr Dre's Detox in full'

50 Cent has suggested that we many never hear Dr Dre's long-awaited Detox album in full.

Dre began work on his third solo album in 2001 and while the singles 'Kush' and 'I Need A Doctor' were released in 2010 and 2011, the album still has no confirmed release date.

50 Cent, who is to guest on the album, told Digital Spy: "You know what, I don't know exactly if you'll hear the full body of work - the full body of Detox.

"I heard some pieces that are really exciting in the studio. I think that Dre has too much time on his hands! They allow him to fall in love and then fall out of love with the music before he actually releases it."

He added: "He'll make it, and then I'll come in the studio and be like, 'This is crazy, why haven't you put this out?' and he'll be sitting there and be like, 'I should have put that out'.

"Yeah! And you knew it - when you first made it you knew it was supposed to go out, but it's sat there so long that you're going, 'Oh, I don't know, I don't feel the same way about it'.

"But nothing is going to sustain your feelings about it forever. It's an interesting scenario, but with the success of Beats headsets, I don't think they're hard-pressed for Dre's album to sell."

Comparing his own SMS headphones to Dre's Beats and other products on the market, 50 Cent said: "I just took the time to make sure that the things I wanted out of the actual headset was within this actual product.

"To me, it was important that I would be able to develop headsets that were durable. I also wanted to make sure that the sound quality was set for music... I'm excited about it. I'm proud of this product."
source -http://www.digitalspy.com/music/interviews/a393555/50-cent-interview-i-dont-know-if-well-hear-dr-dres-detox-in-full.html

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until Dre dies because all of his unreleased studio stuff will most likely be released... I don't see Detox being released in the near future.. I think Kendrick will help motivate him, but he'll never put it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think for once 50 is 100% on the money with these comments! For once we can finally get the truth about the matter. Will we see the full body of music which is Detox? Probably not. But I think there will be material put together and released under the title Detox. Hopefully sooner than later! And to the Anonymous poster above, you're probably right, after Dre is dead we can most likely expect to see a plethora of unreleased Dre material.

    ReplyDelete