Meebo

Thursday 14 July 2011

Crooked I wants Dre collab, discuses old leak “Say Dr. Dre” track and Detox

Another producer Crooked is hoping to still receive some retardulous tracks from for the Slaughterhouse album is the man he nearly signed to 12 years ago before sentencing himself to Death Row. 

“I know the scheduling and timing and all that blahda ladda, but man, Slaughterhouse need to be in there with [Dr.] Dre,” he noted. “If they was to ask me what my wish list was, or who I wanna get on this fuckin’ album, it’s gonna be Dr. Dre. … I ain’t go through hell and a hand-basket to get to where I’m at to not fuck with the good doctor. [Laughs] Shit. I’m in the fuckin’ building; I’m in Interscope. Dre, where you at, baby? We need them goddamn tracks. [Laughs]”

After proceeding to declare Dre his personal choice for greatest producer in Hip Hop history, Crooked addressed some of his history with the doctor, including the now five-year-old “Say Dr. Dre” and whether or not that track was solicited or unsolicited for one of the original incarnations of Detox.

“I knew he was taking submissions,” explained Crook, “and some people had hit me up about writing some stuff. So that was just what it was. And it leaked, which was horrible for me, ‘cause once the shit leaked it’s over. Ain’t nobody using that shit. But, I worked on a few things …. He had some bangers in there when I did that. When I went in there, he already had a classic album just laying around in them hard drives.”

“I don’t know, but it’s like, sometimes it feels like the album is never coming out,” he added about Dr. Dre’s now seemingly mythical finale. “But he got crazy shit over there.”

2 comments: