Meebo

Monday 30 August 2010

Ghostwriter Rico Love explains how relationship with Dre was developed

Diddy’s "Hello, Good Morning" hitmaker also explained how he developed a working relationship with the Doc.

"I had a relationship with [Interscope Records Chairman] Jimmy Iovine and I’ve been knowing him for a few years now and I was on his radar a few years ago," Rico added. "With success, when you start getting successful, it’s kinda like, this industry is like a big high school. I feel like I’m a part of that sophomore class, one of the kids that’s playing varsity and I got a little popularity. So I got the call, met up in the studio, did a few songs and after that, we just kept [in touch]. He reached out to me and sometimes it’s not always a direct connect, but somebody hears your name so much after doing so many successful things that they get interested."

2 comments:

  1. ok rico love?
    he writes songs for chris brown
    and rhianna
    wtf dre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ghostwriters write for artists who arent talented writers, what do u expect the likes of Rico to write for jay-z, common and emin lol?

    ReplyDelete