Meebo

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Ice Cube planning to reunite with Dr Dre

Ice Cube is planning to reunite with Dr Dre on his new album, ‘I Am The West’.

The rapper said he wants to work with the producer – whom he appeared alongside in groundbreaking rap group NWA in the 90s - on his comeback album, which is due out this summer.

He wrote on his blog: “I wanna answer a few questions you have for ya' boy - Beats by Dre? Not yet. Haven't asked him, but I will. Any collabos? Not yet (sic).”

Ice, who is also become an actor, appearing in films including ‘Friday’ and ‘Three Kings’, also said ‘I Am The West’ – a reference to his roots on the West Coast of the US – will have a political slant to it.

The rapper – real name O’Shea Jackson- also said the first single from the album, his first since 2008’s ‘Raw Footage’, will be called ‘I Rep That West’.

No comments:

Post a Comment